Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you to help us provide our service to you and our other Investors and Founders:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site www.portfolio.ventures ("Our Site"). This includes contact information such as name; email address; mailing address; phone number; unique identifiers such as password as professional profile url; and details regarding our interactions with you such as companies you have requested details about, met with or spoken with. If you are a company we may collect information about your business such as company name, company size, business type and personal data such as a professional profile.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys.
- Details of interactions you have with us and the companies you review, meet and invest in. If you are a company we may record the meetings you have with our investors.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyse trends, to administer Our Site, to track users’ movements around Our Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
How we use this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Inform companies that we are going to email investors about their funding round.
We select the most relevant investors in our database for each funding round we work on. We will share your non-sensitive data with our clients before emailing you about a new funding round.
Introduce investors to relevant companies.
At your request, we will introduce you to companies so you can learn about their funding round. To do this, we may share your non-sensitive data with companies, and make introductions between you.
Keep in touch
We regularly send out emails to keep you up to date with what's going on at Portfolio Ventures and the companies we've recently worked with.
You have the right to access information that is held about you. To protect your privacy and security, we’ll take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies of any relevant materials.
You may be entitled to ask us:
- for a copy of your information;
- to correct or erase your information;
- to restrict or stop the processing information;
- to transfer some of this information to other organisations; and
- where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such information is not provided, then we will not be able to meet obligations placed. In all other cases, provision of requested information is optional.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your information and resolve any complaints you may have. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant data protection authority.
How to exercise your rights
You can correct, change or delete your information or unsubscribe from any of [email protected]entures or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We may set and access cookies on your computer, which are small files that reside on your computer's hard drive that generally contain an anonymous unique identifier and are accessible only by the website that placed them there and not any other sites. By default, your browser will accept cookies, but this can be altered. In addition, you may delete cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling or deleting cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the Website.